Trump Gaza Peace Plan Warning: Israel Faces Pressure

"US official briefs reporters on Trump Gaza peace plan warning to Israel"

By Riffat Kausar
Snn News Finland

A senior US official has warned that President Donald Trump would be “very, very disappointed” if Israel fails to follow through on his 20-point Gaza peace plan, applying rare public pressure on a close ally.

The comment came during a reporters’ briefing after Trump announced that Hamas had approved a disarmament proposal put forward by his Board of Peace.

The warning followed a statement from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office questioning whether the disarmament proposal met Israel’s demand for full demilitarization of Gaza Peace Plan before any troop withdrawal. That response appeared to frustrate US officials.

Trump Gaza Peace Plan Faces New Strain

“We’re not asking Israel to do anything that isn’t in the 20-point plan that they agreed to initially, and so we’re very confident they will adhere to it,” the senior US official told reporters, according to the Times of Israel. “If they don’t, President Trump would be very, very disappointed.”

The official added that Washington does not want the disagreement to escalate given other pressures Israel is currently managing.

Netanyahu’s office has not issued a full public response to the disarmament proposal.

His office’s earlier statement, issued in Hebrew to Israeli media, said there would be “no withdrawal whatsoever” from agreed military lines without genuine disarmament by Hamas, according to Tรผrkiye Today.

Board of Peace Publishes Implementation Roadmap

Separately, the US-established Board of Peace released a 15-clause roadmap on July 30 for implementing the agreement.

The roadmap ties each phase of the plan to verified completion of the previous phase’s commitments, certified by an International Verification Committee made up of guarantor states, Board members, and representatives of an International Stabilization Force.

Under the roadmap, Israel is expected to fully complete its remaining commitments from the earlier Sharm el-Sheikh agreement, particularly ending military operations, while Hamas and allied factions carry out disarmament steps on their own timeline.

Hamas has said it approved a written version of the deal, but only on the condition that Israel act first. A senior Hamas official, Ghazi Hamad, told Al Jazeera that the group would not take any step unless certain Israel would also fulfil its own commitments.

Key facts

  • A senior US official said Trump would be “very, very disappointed” if Israel doesn’t adhere to the Gaza peace plan.
  • The warning came after Hamas approved a disarmament proposal from Trump’s Board of Peace.
  • Netanyahu’s office said there would be “no withdrawal whatsoever” without genuine Hamas disarmament.
  • The Board of Peace published a 15-clause implementation roadmap on July 30.
  • Hamas says its approval is conditional on Israel acting first.
  • Gaza Peace Plan

FAQs:

Q: What did the US official actually say?
A senior US official told reporters Trump would be “very, very disappointed” if Israel did not follow the 20-point Gaza plan it had already agreed to.

Q: Has Netanyahu personally responded?
Not directly in public. His office issued a statement questioning the disarmament proposal, but Netanyahu has not commented himself.

Q: What is the Board of Peace?
A US-established body overseeing implementation of Trump’s Gaza plan, including figures such as Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff.

Q: Is the ceasefire at risk of collapsing?
Sources describe the situation as fragile, with Very Disappointed over sequencing between Israeli withdrawal and Hamas disarmament, though no side has declared the deal void.

Q: What happens next?
The roadmap sets conditional, verified phases rather than fixed dates, meaning progress depends on both sides completing prior commitments.

Political Reaction in Israel Divided

Netanyahu has not personally commented in public on the Very Disappointed proposal. His main political rival has publicly questioned whether Israel remains “a partner” to the arrangement at all, reflecting divisions within Israeli politics over how to proceed.

The dispute adds uncertainty to a peace process that has already faced repeated delays and disagreements since Trump first unveiled the 20-point plan.

Gaza peace plan’s origins and the Board of Peace’s 20-point framework.

About The Author

Related Posts